The biology and biochemistry section of MCAT test includes general biology concepts. These concepts are about anatomy and physiology. Besides, this section will discuss different concepts related to the following –
- Obtaining materials and energy
- Sensing and answering to environmental changes
- Adapting, growing, reproducing
- Keeping a continuous internal environment
Along with these concepts, the pre-med students will learn how different cells and organs in living organisms act independently and interdependently. Also, they will get to know the processes at various levels of biological organization within the living system as well. In truth, one has to prepare perfectly to get maximum score in this section.
In that case, there is no much better way than to prepare with the best materials. So, let’s move forward and find out which material is best for MCAT biology and biochemistry section.
MCAT Biology and Biochemistry
Since the MCAT is completely reformed in 2015, all types of materials have been adopted to the change.This book will help them to understand different biology and biochemistry concepts clearly. In fact, it has introduced a new edition to make sure all students get high-quality resources.
The material offers the following features to the pre-med students –
- This material provides access to online student’s tools portal.
- It will cover different challenging biology and biochemistry topics in a detailed manner.
- There will be a quick review of each chapter summary.
- All contents include full-color illustrations with tables and diagrams.
- You will also get a comprehensive glossary for useful reference.
- It will also offer strategic guidance and techniques to the students.
Which topics are discussed in the materials?
- Biologically Important Molecules
- Molecular Biology
- Eukaryotic Cells
- Genetics and Evolution
- The Nervous and Endocrine Systems
- The Circulatory, Lymphatic, and Immune Systems
- The Excretory and Digestive Systems
- The Muscular and Skeletal Systems
- The Respiratory System and the Skin
- The Reproductive Systems
Resources to use:
1. Typical MCAT Test Prep Resources